Delivery & Returns
Deliveries (next day service is subject to availability & terms*)
1:1 Please check over your items to ensure that they look to be intact before signing for them.
1:2 Notifications of claims – If your goods are damaged when you receive them, please note on the delivery sheet and refuse the items with the driver. Please contact Customer Services who will be happy to rectify this problem as soon as possible.
1:3 If you do sign for goods and later discover them to be damaged, please contact customer services as soon as possible and be aware that we may require photographic evidence of the damage before action can be taken.
1:4 Shortages – It is your responsibility to sign for the correct number of packages shown on the delivery sheet, please note any shortages and contact Customer Services. Incorrect items – Please refuse any incorrect items and mark the delivery sheet as incorrect items. Please contact Customer Services.
1:5 We offer standard weekday deliveries on all orders.
1:6 Please note that dispatch will not take place if you have not received an order confirmation email.
1:7 Please ensure that your property is directly accessible to a vehicle which is approximately the size of a fire engine. If there is no direct access for our delivery drivers, or the access is restricted for parking, the delivery may not be made and you will be responsible for the associated carriage charges.
1:8 Somerset beds and mattresses cannot cover any losses arising from incomplete or damaged deliveries.
1:A. Local deliveries (North Somerset, Somerset, Most parts of South Gloucestershire).
1:A:1 We deliver most goods to these areas using our own vehicles and our dedicated dispatch team. A driver and drivers mate will take the items to the room of choice. Please ensure that any breakables are stored away.
1:A:2 We offer a disposal service in these areas which must be booked and paid for when placing the order (please ask for further details).
1:A:3 Saturday deliveries are of limited availability and are charged at £15-£50 depending on area.
1:A:4 Frames and furniture are flat packed and require self assembly, unless otherwise stated .
1:A:5 Local deliveries are an all day service; you can call customer services the day before your chosen delivery date (after 4.45pm or from 9.30am Monday for Mondays deliveries) and we will provide you with an estimated 2 hour delivery window. These delivery times are not changeable and no specific times can be requested. We cannot be held responsible for any losses suffered by you if your time slot is not met. If you cannot be available for your assigned time slot we would have to rearrange for another delivery date and there would be a £20 charge for this.
1:B National deliveries (Mainland UK) (One Man).
1:B:1 We use a carrier service for our National deliveries. Whilst they AIM to deliver between the specified times, on the selected delivery date, we cannot guarantee this. Somersetbedsandmattresses are unable to cover any loss of earnings etc for these occasions but will do our best to get your goods to you as soon as possible.
1:B:2 All of the items are delivered by ONE MAN (unless a two man service has been specified and paid for when required), to the first accessible ground floor door of the premises. The driver will not take items up steps to get to this door and are not insured to take any items into your property.
1:B:3 With larger items the driver may require some assistance to offload the items.
1:B:4 Please note the driver cannot call before delivery.
1:B:5 Saturday deliveries are available at a charge of £30 (excluding two mans).
1:C 3-5 day areas (please see the map in our deliveries section to see if your address falls into this category).
1:C:1 Please see the above National deliveries for terms of delivery and note the following changes for 3-5 day areas:
1:C:2 All deliveries in this area will be made within 3-5 days of the selected delivery date. We are unable to confirm a specific day, but we do request that the carrier contact you once the goods have been received at the depot to provide you with a date. If they fail to contact you and a failed delivery attempt is made, resulting in a card being left please contact the depot directly to arrange a free re delivery.
1:C:3 These deliveries are made between 8am-6pm.
1:D Two Man deliveries (Mattresses and Divan sets 6’ or above and other selected items).
1:D:1 Any deliveries that are advised to be on the two man service will not be available Next day. This is a premium service that we use for larger/heavier items.
1:D:2 Once you have placed your order we will contact you to advise the available dates for delivery and arrange a suitable day for you. This is an all day service, but the carrier will send an SMS text message (where a mobile number is provided) to advise you of the time slot, AM or PM.
1:D:3 The two delivery people will take the item to the room of choice.
1:D:4 Once a delivery date has been booked we are unable to change it (unless you opt to pay the £45 amendment fee).
1:D:5 This service can also be requested as an upgrade to the National (UK mainland) Service at an additional premium of £45. This is available to select in the drop down menu on the delivery page.
2. Failed delivery attempt
2:1 PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE OF YOUR EXISTING ITEMS UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR ORDER FROM US.
There are rare occasions where we may be unable to make the delivery to you on the agreed date, as such we do not advise that you dispose of any of the items that you are replacing until you have received and checked your items from us.
2:2 Although at Somerset beds and mattresses we always strive to deliver within the agreed dates and times, we do occasionally come up against problems that can make this impossible. In the event that we are unable to make the delivery on the selected date, we will contact you as soon as we can to advise you and make alternative arrangements. Please be aware that, where we use a carrier, we are not always able to control the delivery process and have to rely on the information that we are given. Please be patient with us and we will do our very best to assist you.
2:3 If you have supplied incorrect delivery details we will do our best to get your items to you as soon as possible (once we have the correct information). However there will be a charge for this (see section 9).
2:4 Please note that we cannot be held responsible for any losses arising from a late or failed delivery.
3. Amending deliveries (excluding two man deliveries)
3:1 Amendments to date/addresses before the item has been dispatched from us – Free
3:2 Amendments to date/addresses after the items have been dispatched from us but before the delivery has been made – £10 (this may effect the delivery date)
3:3 Amendments to date/addresses after a delivery attempt has been made - £20 (this may affect the delivery date)
3:4 Failed delivery attempts, due to no one being at the property - £20 to reattempt (not guaranteed same day.
3:5 Failed delivery attempts, due to customer supplying incorrect information - £20 to reattempt (not guaranteed same day.
3:6 Two man deliveries are pre booked and amendments to date/ address can be made for free up until the goods are picked for dispatch (usually around 3 working days before delivery). After the goods have been picked for dispatch we will be charged a further £45 for any amendments, this cost has to be met by the customer (unless Somerset beds and mattresses have made an error).
4. Within Regulations the buyer has the right of cancellation within seven days except where the product(s) has been specially made or sold business to business.
5. Goods that are not held in stock by Somerset Beds & Mattresses and are ordered and/or manufactured specifically for the Buyer cannot be cancelled once the order has been accepted by Somerset Beds & Mattresses.
6. Due to the intimate nature of Beds, mattresses, pillows, mattress protectors, duvets etc, these items are exempt from the statutory 7 day cooling off period under the Distance Selling Regulations when they have been unsealed. Therefore, for reasons of health and hygiene any beds, mattresses or bedding that has been unsealed will be deemed to be used and cannot be returned for any reason other than a manufacturing fault.
7. The Buyer must retain the Goods and take good care of them until they are collected by Somerset Beds & Mattresses or their agents.
8. The Goods must be unused, made available for collection and be in the original packaging and in the original condition at a time requested by Somerset Beds & Mattresses (this request not to exceed 21 days from the cancellation date).
9. If you are not happy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us and we will refund you with the amount paid for that item less any reductions which may be applicable.
10. Returns must be notified to us in writing within 14 days of the delivery date and items must be unused, free from defects and returned in their original packaging.
11. Due to hygiene reasons we are unable to accept back any mattresses that have been removed from the original packaging.
12. Once we have received any returned items and checked them we will refund your money, less any shipping costs.
12. Please contact us within 14 days of delivery to let us know you wish to return any items. We will need to know your order number, the product name and size of the model you are returning and the date you ordered.
13. You may deliver the goods back to our warehouse or alternatively we can arrange collection at a minimum cost of £49 (depending on area) which we will deduct from the refund.
14. Please note this returns policy does not apply to items that have been specifically tailored to your requirements or special order items which may be subject to a restocking fee of 60%.
15. Should the Goods not be adequately packaged at the time of collection then they will not be collected and Somerset Beds & Mattresses retain the right to charge a further £30 plus £1 p/running mile "re-collection" to cover costs incurred. The "re-collection" charge will be deducted from the refund value.
16. Following collection or return, should Goods be found to be damaged (not in their original condition), and the Damage is not the result of our actions or negligence, Somerset Beds & Mattresses will deduct a reasonable amount from the refund to cover such damage. (Such amount is not to exceed the price of the Goods).
17. Should the buyer unreasonably fail or refuse to make the Goods available to us when requested within 21 days then the Goods must be kept and good care taken of them until they are collected or returned.
18. No refund shall be made until the Goods have been collected/returned and inspection made as to their condition.